30 Oct 2023
Glimble by Arriva digital mobility platform launches in Italy
- Italy is Arriva’s second market to launch the technology, following initial development and roll-out in the Netherlands.
- The Arriva owned innovation enables search, plan, book and pay facilities with any mode of public transport, shared transport or micro-mobility provider.
- The launch in Trieste aims to increase the use of sustainable mobility choices in the Italian city.
05 Oct 2023
Arriva secures new bus contracts in Central Bohemia, Czech Republic
- - Arriva has been awarded 14 separate bus contracts in the first competitive public tender for Central Bohemia, the largest region of the Czech Republic
- - The new contracts are worth €500 million over the 10-year term.
- - New contracts come into effect from December 2024
19 Sep 2023
Arriva Group awarded new national rail contract for CrossCountry
- New contract starts from October 15 for a core term of four years.
- Timetable enhancements are expected and enhanced connectivity, including a new daily direct service between Cardiff and Edinburgh.
- The new contract will see CrossCountry undertake a full fleet refurbishment.
03 Jul 2023
Arriva Italy launches ‘Arriva Click IT’ booking app for on-demand public transport
- Arriva customers can now use the new Arriva Click IT app to book bus journeys through their smartphones.
- The app-based mobility service has been developed by Arriva Italy in collaboration with ioki.
- The app draws from Arriva Group’s history of innovation across Europe.
27 Jun 2023
Arriva secures contract extension with Transport for London for the London Overground
- Arriva Rail London set to operate London Overground trains for another two years.
- Transport for London recognises Arriva Rail London’s role as a critical delivery partner, working in “close collaboration”.
- Contract will see Arriva Rail London continuing to respond to the evolving needs of the Capital.
21 Jun 2023
Arriva Slovakia maintains existing business in Trnava region with contract win
- New 10-year contract for Arriva Slovakia starts January 2024
- Arriva can build on its already strong track-record in the Trnava region
- Enhanced passenger comfort continues to be at the heart of Arriva’s success.
15 Jun 2023
Arriva Group concludes sale of its Poland Bus business to Mutares
- The transaction completed on June 15, 2023 with the employees from the Poland Bus business transferred over to Mutares SE & Co. KGaA
- Poland Rail is not included in the sale and remains part of Arriva Group
- The transaction concludes the agreement signed with Mutares in September 2022 to sell its Denmark, Serbia and Poland Bus businesses